Indian Embassy Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2016-17
Under Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme, Embassy of India provides 2000 scholarships to Nepalese students enrolled in Class-XI in recognized schools/colleges in Nepal.
(i) Candidates should be Nepalese citizen.
(ii) Candidates should be regular student of class XI and studying in any recognized school/ college of Nepal. They should have secured minimum 55% marks in aggregate in Class X/SLC, if passed out from Government schools, 75% marks in aggregate, if passed out from private schools located in the districts of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. For students from rest of Nepal minimum 50% marks, if passed out from Government schools, 70% for those passed out from private schools.
(iii) Family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 1.20.000/- per annum and income proof should be certificated by CDO/VDC head in the data sheet only will be acceptable. In case Income proof is not certified by CDO/VDC then the application will be summarily rejected.
(iv) Applicants should be between 14 – 20 years of age as on July 1st 2016.
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs. 2,000/- per month in the first year. This will be continued in the second year also, provided the awardee gets 50% or above marks in Class-XI. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardee falls below 50% in class XI or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
Note: Copy of class XI pass mark sheet should be submitted in the month of January 2018 filling which the scholarship may be terminated.
– The final selection will be based on academic record.
– Name of candidates short-listed will be placed on Indian Embassy website. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/ e-mail address clearly on the online data sheet. Any change in address/ telephone number should also be intimated immediately through letter.
– Girls, Dalits, Physically challenged students and students residing in the remote districts of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
– Children of retired/ serving Nepalese soldiers in Indian Army are required to furnish a certificate to this effect and send it through Assistant Military Attaché (welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu. This should be done in case they are selected and intimation of selection given to them.
Instructions for filling Data-Sheet
- The Data-Sheet should be submitted online through Embassy of India website www.indianembassy.org.np/ischolarship. Upon successful submission, system would generate an automated acknowledgement slip giving Reference and Receipt Number. Candidates are advised to print and keep it as proof of the submission of their application. The reference number can subsequently be used 10 keep track of the status or their application on the Embassy Website. They are advised to check the Embassy website for any further information with regard to the scholarship scheme.
- Candidates should upload their photograph, attested photocopy of citizenship certificate and attested copy of mark sheet of Class X / SLC only. In case they are selected, parental income proof certified by CDO/VDC should also be uploaded on website. Those candidates who do not possess a citizenship certificate can submit the attested photocopy of citizenship certificate of their parents. Original documents should only be brought during the time of interview. Online data-sheet may be submitted online between 20th September, 2016 – 14th October, 2016. Thereafter, the link for online submission would be deactivated.
Stay linked with eduNEPAL.info and LIKE our facebook page eduNEPAL.info for more scholarship News and Notices.
To proceed filling up the application form, CLICK HERE