Kathmandu University, School of Science and School of Engineering has announced admission open for enrollment in Academic session 2015/16.
The Undergraduate Programs include:
- BE in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Communication)
- BE in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Power and Control)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering(Automobile)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering(Design and Manufacturing)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering(Energy Technology)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering(Hydropower)
- BE in Chemical Engineering(Anticipated to be introduced in September 2015)
- BE in Civil Engineering (Specialization in Hydropower)
- BTech in Environmental Engineering
- BE in Computer Engineering
- BE in Geomatics Engineering
- BSc in Applied Physics
- BSc in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BSc in Environmental Science
- BTech in Biotechnology
- BSc in Human Biology
Candidates are required to take Computer-based Entrance Exam, in either PCM or PCB, according to their choice of programs.
Instructions to the Applicants:
Register your name for Computer-based Test (CBT).
Candidates are required to register online before visiting the admissions office for admission cards.
Online registration form is available at http://apply.ku.edu.np/cbt from August 11, 2015 to August 21, 2015.
A valid email id is required for registration. Confirmation link and confirmation code will be sent by email. Be sure to click on the confirmation link and enter the confirmation code.
Pay the required CBT and admission application processing fee of Rs.1,250 to any one of the following KU accounts at any branch of the banks mentioned below. Note that late applicants are required to pay double fee of Rs. 2,500.
Account Name : Kathmandu University
Branch : Any
Bank Account Information:
Nepal Investment Bank Ltd A/C No. : 00501030250009
Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd A/C No. : 2022524044147028
Nabil Bank Ltd A/C No. : 0110010955102
Obtain an admission card for the entrance exam.
Visit admissions office located at Block 08, KU main campus, Dhulikhel from August 12, 2015 to August 19, 2015 between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM with your photo identification document (citizenship card, passport etc.), a photocopy of the identification document, 3 recent PP-size photographs and a bank voucher of Rs. 1,250. Admission card can be obtained with double fee of Rs. 2,500 from August 20, 2015 to August 21, 2015 between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
Make an appointment for CBT and collect admission card.
Appear on Computer Based Entrance Exam.
Appear at the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
Do not forget to bring your admit card and identification document along with you.
Wrist watches and simple scientific calculators are allowed. Be sure to erase any formula or data written on the cover of your calculator or in its internal memory before bringing it to the exam.
Other electronic items and written materials are not permitted inside the examination hall.
Failing to comply with above guidelines may disqualify you from the admission process.
Fill up the online application form.
Use the login credentials provided during CBT registration to log into the online application system.
Fill up the personal and academic information.
Select up to two academic programs of your preference. Note that you will be offered an admission in at most one program even if you select two programs. If you are interested in only one program, you are advised to select the program of your choice as 1st preference and leave the 2nd preference option unselected.
Partially completed forms can be saved and edited later, however, you will not be able to make any changes once the form is submitted.
Be sure to submit the completed online application form before the deadline.
Follow the announcements at http://ku.edu.np.
Applicants are advised to follow the time schedule given below.
Working days and other schedules will be as per the academic calendar published by the University.
|Online registration for CBT||August 11 to 18, 2015|
|Appointment for CBT and admit card collection||August 12 to 19, 2015 between 10 AM and 3 PM|
|Appointment for CBT and admit card collection with double fee||August 20 & 21, 2015 between 10 AM and 3 PM|
|Date||August 16 to September 3, 2015 – As mentioned in the admit card|
|Time||As mentioned in the admit card|
|Venue||KU main campus, Dhulikhel|
|Publication of entrance exam scores||September 4, 2015|
|Submission of completed application form||August 23 to September 5, 2015|
|Publication of selected candidates list||September 6, 2015|
|Admission||September 7 to 9, 2015 unless otherwise stated in the admission notice|
Send your queries to email@example.com or call (011) 681572.
- Candidates who have passed all courses of Grade 11, have appeared in exams of Grade 12 and are awaiting the results can also apply on a provisional basis.
- Syllabi for entrance exam are available at http://apply.ku.edu.np/syllabi
- Apply early to avoid rush close to the deadline.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for meritorious and financially needy students. The application for financial support is to be submitted at the time of admission.
ONLINE PRACTICE TEST
An online practice test will be available at: http://cbtdemo.ku.edu.np from August 12, 2015
The online practice test is intended to make the applicants familiar with the Computer Based Test (CBT) and has two parts with five questions each.
The number of questions, topics and difficulty level do not reflect the actual computer based entrance exam.
The actual computer based entrance exam:
- has three parts: PCM or PCB, with 120 questions in total. Each part has 40 multiple choice questions.
- is 2 hour long.
- is not available online.
- is graded on the scale of 0 – 2220.