Indian Embassy General and Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2019-20:
Embassy of India, Kathmandu, invites application from Nepali nationals desirous of pursuing Undergraduate courses under General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) and Post-Graduate courses under Silver Jubilee Scholarship scheme (SJSS) to study in Indian Universities/ Institutes during the academic year 2019-20. Details of the schemes, eligibility criteria and online application form are available on the ICCR, A2A online portal at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in
2. Last date of submission of the online application form is February 10, 2019 (Sunday).
3. The above schemes do not include the courses on Medical/ Paramedical (Nursing) / Physiotherapy / Anesthesia, etc.) / Fashion.
4. Candidates are advised to go through the ICCR instructions and guidelines carefully for filling up of the online application form.
5. For selection of University/Institute and course, applicants are advised to exercise due diligence and research in a dedicated manner on the specific
admission criteria laid down by various Universities for each subject, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities/Institutes in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form. For this, they may refer to the Universities Handbook/University Grants Commission’s website and the concerned institute’s website for eligibility criteria.
6. Candidates applying for BE /B.Tech courses may please ensure that they have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in their School Leaving examinations as this is mandatory for engineering courses.
7. Those applying science courses may please note that the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
8. Applicants should have attained 18 years of age at the time of admission in Indian Universities/Institutes and not more than 30 years of age.
9. Online application form is to be submitted in either of the two addresses as options given in the online form : (i) Embassy of India, Kathmandu (all other districts except the districts mentioned under the Consulate General of India, Birgunj); and (ii) Consulate General of India, Birgunj (for those hailing from districts – Bara, Chitwan, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Makwanpur, Parsa, Rautahat & Sarlahi).
10. The applicant should deposit application fee of NRs.400/- in favor of Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu at Account No. 17725240200331 of Nepal SBI, located anywhere in Nepal. Once the payment of NRs 400/- is made, applicants may please write online application registration number and name on the top of the counterfoil/receipt for identification. Thereafter, they may submit the original counterfoil directly to Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj as the case may be. Application fee once deposited will not be refunded or adjusted.
11. It is mandatory for those short listed applicants to appear in English test/Interview. The dates would be communicated later.
12. Submission of incorrect information or incomplete application forms by the candidate may result in forfeiture of the candidature/scholarship at any stage and no review will be considered.
– Indian embassy Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
– Indian embassy Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
– Indian embassy Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme