CMAT stands for Common Management Aptitude Test. It is an Entrance Exam for students who want to join Bachelor Programs in the field of Management after completing +2 in Management or Science stream.
For admission in Tribhuvan University constituent and affiliated colleges, The Faculty of Management takes CMAT Exam each year for admission in Bachelor Programs like BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration), BIM (Bachelors in Information Management), BHM (Bachelors in Hotel Management), BTTM (Bachelors in Travel and Tourism) and BBM (Bachelors in Business Management).
CMAT includes the areas like:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative ability
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
Some Points you must know before appearing CMAT Exam:
- For BBS (Bachelors in Business Studies), you DO NOT NEED to take CMAT Exam till now.
- You can fill the CMAT Application Form from any colleges. It is NOT necessary that you fill the form only from the college you’ve cleared your +2. You’ll appear at the CMAT Exam as the student of that college from where you’ve filled your CMAT form.
- There are many institutions that provide Preparation Classes for CMAT Exam. Some colleges even offer Free Preparation Classes. You can call and join them.
- Only the short-listed candidates from the written test of CMAT will be eligible for interview. The result will be published to notify this on the merit basis. If they pass the interview, they will be eligible for an admission.
- TU Constituent Colleges (which we know as Government Colleges) provide admission to the applicants on the merit-basis of CMAT Result. But Affiliated Colleges (which we know as Private Colleges) may have their own criteria.
See the list of TU Constituent and Affiliated Colleges for Bachelor Programs here.
If this post was helpful, please feel free to SHARE it. If you have any confusions regarding CMAT Exam and such issues, you can send us a message in our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/edunepal.info for quick response and help from our team.