Master of Business Studies (MBS)
JOIN Us @ Facebook!!
The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to work as competent managers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business, industry, government and non-governmental sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS programme specifically aims to:
- Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
- Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop research capability in the students.
Eligibility Conditions for Admission
The students applying for admission to MBS course must have successfully completed the BBS programme or a bachelor degree on any discipline from Tribhuvan University or from any other university recognized by Tribhuvan University.
The Course Cycle
In the MBS Programme, the courses offered are to be completed in two years. The campus must run for a minimum of 18 hours per week. Each 50 marks paper must have a minimum of 2 lecture hours per week and each 100 marks paper a minimum of 4 lecture hours a week. Each lecture hour has to be out of not less than 60 minutes. The course cycle for two years is as follows:
MSC 501 – Research Methodology and Statistical Methods — 100 marks
ECO 503 — Business Economics – 100 marks
MGT 504 – Organizational behavior and Human Resource Management – 100 marks
ACC 507 – Management Accounting – 50 marks
FIN 508 – Managerial Finance – 50 marks
MKT 509 – Marketing Management – 50 marks
MSC 502 — Production and Operations Management – 100 marks
MGT 505 – Strategic Management and Business Environment – 100 marks
MGT 506 – Entrepreneurship Development – 50 marks
(Any two courses from following specialization area)
Management Science (Any two Course)
- MSC 603 Management Information System
- MSC604 Decision Support System
- MSC 605 Productivity Management
- MSC 606 Total Quality Management
Accounting (Any Two Courses)
- ACC 611 Profit Planning and Control
- ACC 612 Advanced Auditing
- ACC 613 Tax Laws and Tax Planning
- ACC 614 Accounting Theory and Financial Reporting
General Management (Any Two Courses)
- MGT 621 Small Business Management
- MGT 622 International Business
- MGT 623 Organizational Development
- MGT 624 Labour Relations
Finance (Any Two Courses)
- FIN 631 Foundations of Financial Theory
- FIN 632 Capital Structure Management
- FIN 633 Investment Management
- FIN 634 Financial Institutions and Markets
- FIN 635 Multinational Corporate Finance
- FIN 636 Assets Management
Marketing (Any Two Courses)
- MKT 641 Services Marketing Strategies
- MKT642 Consumer Behaviour
- MKT643 Marketing Research
- MKT644 Global Marketing
- MKT645 Strategic Brand Management
RCH 601 Thesis
(Thesis writing within the specialization area)
RCH 602 Project Work
(Two assignments within the specialization area)
TU MBS Semester-wise Syllabus