PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic) evaluates reading, listening, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session. PTE Academic evaluates real-life as well as academic content, so the examinee will hear extracts from lectures and view graphs and charts. The Examinee will hear a series of accents in the test from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will encounter in everyday life.
During the three-hour test session there will be three main parts to the test; writing and speaking – together, reading and listening. There will be twenty different question formats, stretching from multiple choices through to essay writing and interpreting information.
A PTE Certification is valid for 2 years!
WHY TAKE PTE ACADEMIC?
- Fast score delivery – usually within five business days.
- Flexible test dates and late booking available.
- Accepted by universities and colleges globally.
- Approved for students visas in Australia and many English speaking countries.
- 100% recognition at Universities in Australia.
- Test takers can send their scores to as many organizations as they want – PTE Academic does not charge extra.
TEST FORMAT for PTE Academic
PART I: SPEAKING AND WRITING (77-93 minutes)
- Personal Introduction
- Describe image
- Repeat sentence
- Read aloud
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written test (one sentence)
- Summarize written test (paragraph)
- Essay (20 minutes)
PART II: READING (32 – 41 minutes)
- Multiple choice questions (2 ques)
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks (2 ques)
- A ten minute break is optional
PART III: LISTENING (45 – 57 minutes)
- To summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice (2 ques)
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- To select missing word
- Highlight the incorrect words
- To write from dictation